Thursday, September 15, 2011

I have 1998 toyota corolla, how can I change&take off the belt the one goes thru alternator, and water pump?

Is there any pully or something?
I have 1998 toyota corolla, how can I change%26amp;take off the belt the one goes thru alternator, and water pump?
there should be a tension pulley. it puts tension on the whole serpentine belt system. you should be able to put a 1/2 ratchet on it and take pressure off the belt and slip it off any pulley with your other hand. after this release the tension pulley slowly and continue to take off belt from rest of pulleys. to reinstall simply follow chart on engine plastic or in owners manual and do reverse of taking off.
I have 1998 toyota corolla, how can I change%26amp;take off the belt the one goes thru alternator, and water pump?
The alternator has the adjustment on it. Undo the bolt which supplies the tension and push the alternator back towards the motor. This should supply sufficient slack in the belt to slide it over the edge of the pully and allow removal.
  • use for cayote hunting
  • desktop issue
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment