Friday, September 23, 2011

Follow up/ Additional Info : Changed belts and now i have Squeaky noise?

Here is the original question with additional info



I had a mechanic changed the timing belt, Alternator belt and AC fan belt on my Mazda 626 2002

Since then when my car is cold and I start the car after driving for 10 sec it make a Squeaky noise. This noise come for like 1 or 2 sec and then it goes away. I took it back to the mechanic and he has adjusted the belts. However the problem remains. Someone was telling me that this happens because the pulley is still old and the tension may be just too much for it.

Any thoughts?



Additional Details



My belts were fine - no noise.

I had bought the belts because I was having the timing belt changed. I have not been able to duplicate the problem so I haven鈥檛 been able to show this to the mechanic. The noise come for 1 or 2 seconds only and then goes away. And only comes when you start the car and the car is cold.



I told him. He said he heard a noise and adjusted the belts and then the noise. However the problem remains
Follow up/ Additional Info : Changed belts and now i have Squeaky noise?
belt dressing cannot be used on serpentine (ribbed) style belts. if there is an automatic tensioner involved, change it.

you just sunk a bunch of money into doing about 65 % of the job. at timing belt time, a new water pump, thermostat, hoses, and antifreeze flush are all in order to. if it were my car i'd do a trans flush and fill as well. (change the brake fluid and p/s fluid if i had enough day to get it all done.)
Follow up/ Additional Info : Changed belts and now i have Squeaky noise?
I cant remember the name of it but there is a liquid you spray on the belts that will stop this. Your retarded mechanic obviously is too stingy to buy the stuff
It's not the belts, It's the alignment of all the pulleys. Most mechanics are looking to get the thing(your car) out the door(the dealers shop) as soon as possible. If your vehicle is still within warranty,,have them check the pulley alignment! Best to you! ;-)=
get some belt dressing or a little squirt of WD40 if the belt was changed i'm assuming he checked the pulleys
check belts for proper fit, check tension a new belt will cause same to skeek. OLD , belts strech, and loose tension, new belts pull with more trush. If tensioner has lost lubrication it will make noise

No comments:

Post a Comment