Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I own a 1994 Ford Mustang V-6. I have changed the battery and alternator and I am still loosing power. Help?

I own a 1994 Ford Mustang V-6. I have changed the battery, serpentine belt and alternator and I am still loosing power. I can only go about 20 miles on a charged battery. Is there any other reason why my car is not keeping voltage?
I own a 1994 Ford Mustang V-6. I have changed the battery and alternator and I am still loosing power. Help?
i had a similar problem with my 95. What i found out was that my fuse box was not bolted down enough and that both battery termonals were not tightend enough. they felt tight but i still had power loss and then no power. there are 2 bolts on each term. one 1/2 ince and one 5/8. (5/8 I believe, 1/2 for sure for one) tighten all the terms and then follow the pos cable to the fuse box. clean the connection there and then tighten the cable to the fuse box.

Also check your ground wire. there should be a braided type cord that goes from engine to firewall. undo the bolts and clean the connections. make sure that the firewall connection is clean and a little metal showing. then conect the cord and tighten.

also you could have gotten a bad (new) alternator. new ones are often remanufactured and not the best. (I went through 2 in a grand am because of that)



If you still experience problems keeping power it seams like you have a bad ground somewhere else in the car and you would need a mechanic to look and fix. (unless your a mechanic with a lot of time. -wireharness have so many wires and go into somany hard to reach places)



After that I do not know unless I would have a look at it.



I own a 95 3.8L bored to a 4.0L and ran into them similar problems.

Hope I could be of any help!
I own a 1994 Ford Mustang V-6. I have changed the battery and alternator and I am still loosing power. Help?
it sounds like a ground problem to me
you may have to trace all the wires around the car you may have a short that is drawing power

No comments:

Post a Comment