Friday, September 23, 2011

I replaced the alternator . now the belts squeak. what do I do?

My fried changed the alternator, because it was not charging, now when I start it ,I believe the belts squeaks. If so how do I stop it????
I replaced the alternator . now the belts squeak. what do I do?
The belts are not tensioned correctly.



They are probably too loose.
I replaced the alternator . now the belts squeak. what do I do?
The alternator maybe on too tight. Or the belt is worn= Replace the belt.
the belt tension it too losse tighten it!
the belt squeaks becouse it is to loose. ckeck the belt and replace it if it has any shiney spots or if it is glazed otherwise

it is most likely loose, espically if it didn't make noise before

the alternator was changed
if they are then you didnt do it right is not tight enough or not on right should recheck belts and or alignment of belts there is a chance the new one has a bad bearing but more likely its loose should only have little movement in belts
All the 5 answers are right. Here's a little tip......if your alt belt is not changed, and you are not about to do the readjustments, use a stick of candle and rub the wax on the belt %26quot;V%26quot; sides. that should stop the squeaks
get a bar of soap and touch the bottom of the belt with it while the engine is running, I use Irish Spring, seems to work the best, only thing is I it failed the emission test afterward because my leprechauns were too high

No comments:

Post a Comment