Friday, September 23, 2011

Cambelt change - Opel Astra G 1.6 16V (2003)?

I have done 94000 kms and am now thinking about changing my cambelt and water pump as I am unsure if the previous owner ever changed. Looking on the internet, it seems most people say it should be changed about every 60000kms with waterpump aswell.



I have asked at my local BOSCH garage however and they said my belt should usually be changed approximately every 100000kms and that on my car a change of waterpump shouldn麓t be necessary unless I really wanted him to change it. He also suggested he change the alternator belt at the same time.



Your thoughts please?
Cambelt change - Opel Astra G 1.6 16V (2003)?
yes 100 thound miles is right an change water pump to because labor is onley an extra 1/2 hour if dont next year when water pump goes bad have to pay same labor totalfor whole job like 4or5 hours just for water pump it is recomened any by book
Cambelt change - Opel Astra G 1.6 16V (2003)?
The dealer seems to have it just right to me
Alternator belt? NO NO NO!



There is one belt driven by the Crankshaft driving the camshaft alternator water pump p/steering pump and a/c if applicable.



Every 60,000 miles it should be changed, 100,000 miles is recomended for more heavy duty vehicles such as deisels.



Waterpump isnt really nescesarry unless its broken or soon to do so, but if you would rather do it then go for it.



Alternator if not changed at all would be seriously worth the time!



hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment