Thursday, October 6, 2011

Is it tough to isntall lowering springs on a '91 miata?

I just bought a set of lowering springs for my miata, im not sure if its tough and what tools would i need?. ive done basic stuff on my car like oil changes, spark plugs, alternator, timing belt, etc. but ive never messed with the suspension.
Is it tough to isntall lowering springs on a '91 miata?
You will need a set of jack stands, 10 mm, 12 mm, 14 mm and 17 mm wrenches and sockets, also a spring compressor. Parts of the suspension have to be undone to get the spring/shock assembly out to where you can work on replacing them.

I would suggest getting new shocks while you are at it. I use Gabriel's on my Miata. They are a lower end performance shock. Better yet just go ahead and get the parts to make the shocks springs adjustable in height. That way all you have to do is to set up the new assemblies, pull the old ones and install the replacements.
Is it tough to isntall lowering springs on a '91 miata?
Not a very difficult task...You may need a 'spring clamp' to compress the springs to get them in...i just used a vice and lots of rope (dodgy way) but it worked

No comments:

Post a Comment